Beauty tips for the festive season
The festive period is usually a time of great fun, but it can also take its toll on our appearance! Here’s some tips to keep you glowing these holidays.
Water replenishes the skin and improves its elasticity, giving you a bright and fresh look. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day—your skin and body will thank you for it.
Keep your skin looking radiant by exfoliating twice a week. For a quick natural scrub, mix ½ a cup of coconut or olive oil with 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply it to your face (or anywhere else on your body) and rub gently onto your skin. Wash off with water, pat dry and apply a moisturiser while your skin is still damp.
Nourish your hair
Keep the shine in your hair by using an oil treatment once or twice a week. Heat up some coconut oil (make sure it’s not too warm—you don’t want to burn your scalp) and apply it to your hair. Then cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic bag and leave the oil in for an hour or so before a shampoo and rinse. Further reading: Natural hair care
Soothe tired eyes
A night of drinking or internet shopping can make our eyes look red and puffy. For a quick fix, grab a chilled cucumber from the fridge, cut two thick slices off and then place one on each eye for 10 minutes. The cold can help to reduce swelling and ease any soreness, and because cucumber has a high water content it also moisturises the area under the eyes.
Treat your feet
A long day of gift shopping or a night spent partying in high heels can leave feet feeling tired and swollen. To relieve them, try one of the following:
- Elevate your feet for 15-20 minutes.
- Soak your feet in warm epsom salt bath.
- Massage your feet, or have someone massage them for you.
Get your beauty sleep
Getting enough sleep is so important for our appearance and health:
- When we sleep the body’s hydration rebalances. The skins moisture levels recover, while excess water in the body is processed for removal.
- The rise in growth hormones during our sleep enables damaged cells to be repaired.
- When we are sleep-deprived, the body produces more cortisol. High levels of cortisol can lead to an increase of inflammation in the body, which can result in acne breakouts and skin sensitivity.
Take your Internal Cosmetics!
Look after the health of your skin, hair and body these holidays by remembering to take your Internal Cosmetics every day.